Memorial Day weekend sales are a time-honored retail tradition, so of course they'd move into the mobile realm. Microsoft has announced its "Ready, Set, Summer" collection of apps, which are currently reduced from their standard price.
According to Microsoft, the collection includes, but is not limited to:
- "Earth 3D, where you can explore political and physical maps, and weather for an upcoming destination. The app is 50% off during the promotion."
- "KVADPhoto+ PRO will help retouch your trip photos, including filters, color and text tools, enhancement features and more. The app is now 50% off."
- "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta to help you get a jump start on building that shelter to protect you from the monsters."
- "Play games and activities while learning about colors with Crayola Bubbles, available for $0.99."
- "Discounts on in-app purchases in puzzle adventure Candy Crush Soda Saga or build your tropical island and discover seaport life in Paradise Bay."
- "30% off of a starter pack for Kings of Thieves, to help you become the wealthiest thief in the world."
As well as reminders of movies to rent and music to stream.
The "Ready, Set, Summer" collection offer is valid from May 27, 2016, to June 6, 2016. International readers, know that it is currently available in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Mexico, but offers may vary by country.