In Word 2003, when you open the document using any of the above options, the document opens in the Reading view.
- You can change views using the View menu or by clicking Close in the Reading Layout toolbar.
Make sure the Reviewing toolbar is visible. If it is not:
- Chose View → Toolbars ? Reviewing.
Changes and comments made by reviewers show up as markup in the document, as balloons in the right margin of the document, and in the Reviewing pane. Revisions are tagged and color coded to indicate the reviewer responsible for the change or comment.
To manage the appearance of revisions
Do one of the following:
- Choose an option from the Display for Review drop-down list on the Reviewing toolbar.
Options that show Markup will display revisions.
- Choose View ? Markup.
- Click the Show button on the Reviewing toolbar and select what types of markup you want to display, and from which Reviewers. You can also decide whether you want to see the comments as balloons.
- Click the Reviewing Pane button to expand (show) or collapse (hide) the reviewing pane.
The reviewing pane appears at the bottom of the window and shows you comments in a list form.
- Click the Show button and choose Options. In the Track Changes dialog box, you can specify the formatting with which various revisions are displayed.
To print or hide comments in a printed document:
- Choose File ? Print.
- Choose an option from the Print what list.