When you attempt to remove a program using the Add or Remove Programs applet of Control Panel, you receive:
Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal or package vendor.
This problem will occur if the Windows Installer Service registration has become corrupted.
To resolve this problem:
01. Shutdown and restart your computer.
02. After the BIOS information displays, press F8 to invoke the Windows Advanced Options menu.
03. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
04. Select your computer and press Enter.
05. Log on with local administrative privileges.
06. Open a CMD.EXE window.
07. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each line:
08. Use Add or Remove Programs to remove your software.
09. If you still have problems, open a CMD.EXE window.
10. Run the System File Checker SFC / purgecache command. When finished, you should receive Windows File Protection successfully made the requested change..
11. Run the sfc /scannow command.
12. Type exit.
13. Use Add or Remove Programs to remove your software.
14. Restart your computer normally.