The subject problem occurs because Windows was unable to read the FAT32 partition table on the Magneto-Optical disk, possibly because of any of the following:
- The disk was previously formatted by a non-Microsoft operating system.
- The file system on the MO disk uses 2048 byte sectors.
- The MO disk is already formatted as FAT32.
1. Format the MO disk with NTFS.
2. Format the MO disk with FAT32.
NOTE: The following MO media sizes may experience this problem:
640 megabytes (MB) 1.3 gigabytes (GB) 2.3 gigabytes (GB)