You receive the following error when running the built-in backup application, NTBackup.exe, on Windows Server 2003:
The device reported an error on a request to MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo
Error reported: 5
This behavior will occur if the Allow service to interact with desktop box is checked in the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
To resolve this problem:
1. Start / Run / Services.msc / OK.
2. Double-click the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
3. Select the Log On tab.
4. Clear the Allow service to interact with desktop box.
5. Press Apply and OK.
6. Close the Services dialog.
7. Shutdown and restart your server.