When you use the Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard to install any of the subject network services, you receive a message similar to:
This computer has at least one dynamically assigned IP address. For reliable Component Name operation, you should use only
static IP addresses.
You will now have the option to change this dynamically assigned IP address.
If you select Configure on the Local Area Connection Properties that appears, the LAN Adapter Name Properties dialog opens and the Local Area Connection Properties dialog closes. If you press OK, the finish page of the Windows Components Wizard hangs.
To workaround this problem:
1. Use Task Manager to close the Windows Components Wizard.
NOTE: The network service you were trying to install is actually installed and should work properly.
2. Double-click Network and Dial-up Connections in Control Panel.
3. Right-click the network adapter and press Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
5. Select Use the following IP address and type the static IP address into the IP address box.
6. Type the subnet mask into the Subnet mask box.
7. Type the default gateway address into the Default gateway box.
8. Press OK and OK.
9. Close the Network and Dial-up Connections window.