The following Sysprep imaging scenarios are NOT supported:
- Create a Windows 2000 image, Upgrade the image to Windows XP, re-image with Sysprep.
- Create an image on a computer where an in-place upgrade has been performed.
- Create an image on a computer that hasn't recently been restarted.
- Create an image on a computer whose default user account has been replaced with the contents of the Administrator profile.
- Create an image of a computer that uses a different HAL than the source computer.
- Create an image from a source computer that has a custom OEM installation.