If you experience the subject behavior, you may notice that if you wait patiently for 5 -10 minutes, the request times out and you receive a Page not available message.
This behavior will occur if Internet Explorer is configured to forward local Intranet requests to a proxy server.
To fix this problem:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Double-click Internet Options.
3. Select the Connections tab.
4. Press the LAN Settings button.
5. Check the Bypass proxy server for local addresses box.
6. Press the Advanced button.
7. Type the FQDNs that are used for your Intranet into the Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with: box.
8. Press OK, OK, and OK.
9. Close Control Panel.