To fix this problem:
1. Shutdown and restart your computer.
2. Press F8 when you see the boot menu.
3. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW keys on the Advanced Options menu to select Safe Mode with Networking.
4. Press Enter.
5. Log on as Administrator.
6. You should receive a Windows Update message that indicates that Windows is now updating the following:
7. When the logon completes, right-click My Computer and press Explore. Windows Explorer should display your files and folders.
8. Shutdown and restart normally.