The subject message is displayed on both the server and the remote workstation.
This behavior does NOT occur when running in Application Mode, and it can result in loss of data.
You should close the 16-bit MS-DOS console program before you close the Terminal Services session. If you must restart an application server while clients are connected using Terminal Services:
1. Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Terminal Services Manager.
2. Select the Users tab to see see all the users that are connected to Terminal Services.
3. Select the first user in the list.
4. Hold down the SHIFT key as you select the last user in the list. This action will select all users in the list.
5. Press Send Message on the Actions menu.
6. Type a message title and text.
7. Press OK to send the message.