Microsoft Network COM+ access is disabled by default, except in the Web Edition. You can only use COM+ locally on the other editions.
If you wish to enable Microsoft Network COM+ access:
- Start / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs.
- Press Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select Application Server and press Details.
- Press Enable network COM+ access and press OK.
- Press Next and press Finish.
NOTE: COM+ applications that use databases installed on separate computers, may not work over the network unless you Enable Network DTC Access.