When you start RSop.msc, you receive:
The latest versions of the ADM files below are not available. This can be due to insufficient permissions or unavailable network resources. The local copy of these ADM files will be used.
When you view Details, the results will vary, but will look similar to:
Error- Windows cannot find the network path. . . .
This error will occur if any of the following are true:
- There are network connectivity issues.
- The Admin$ share does NOT exist.
- You do NOT have the required permissions.
- File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is NOT installed.
- The Server Services is NOT started.
To resolve this problem:
1. Verify that you don't have connectivity issues.
2. Make sure that AutoShareServer and AutoShareWks are set to 1 on all computers.
3. Make sure that Administrators and System have full control all along the path to %Systemroot%\System32\GroupPolicy\Adm.
4. Make sure that File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is installed on the Local Area Connection Properties.
5. Make sure that the Service Service (Lanmanserver) is started on all computers. Open a CMD prompt and type net start. The Server service should be listed.
NOTE: If RSop.msc cannot make a connection via the Admin$ share, it will use its local copies of the .adm files.