After you install the SMS Client Service and Client Services for Netware, users experience a several minute delay after they enter their credentials and the logon process completes.
The problem is caused by the SMS Client Service having a service dependency on the RPCSS (Remote Procedure Call (RPC)) service and on Client Services for Netware.
To resolve this problem:
1. Use Regedt32 on Windows 2000, or Regedit on Windows XP, to navigate to:
2. Double-click the DependOnService Value Name, a REG_MULTI_SZ data type, and click in the Multi-String Editor to deselect the data.
3. Remove the RPCSS line, so that that data reads NWCWorkstation.
4. Press OK.
5. Exit the Registry Editor.
6. Shutdsown and restart the computer.
The next time a client logs onto this computer, the delay should be eliminated.