If you set the Local Security Policy for Unsigned driver installation to Do not allow installation or the Driver Signing Options for the computer is set to Block-Prevent installation of unsigned files, the installation of SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3 will fail.
To change the Local Security Policy:1. Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Local Security Policy / Security Options.
2. Double-click Unsigned driver installation behavior.
3. Select one of the following:
Warn but allow installation
4. Press OK.
5. Close the Local Security Settings window.
To change the Driver Signing options:1. Right-click My Computer and press Properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab.
3. Press the Driver Signing button.
4. Select one of the following:
Ignore- Install all files, regardless of file signature
Warn-Display a message before installing an unsigned file
5. Press OK and OK.