When you use Active Directory Sites and Service to replicate changes between replica partners, you receive:
The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize the domain controllers:
The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.
You receive a System event log entry similar to:
Event ID: 1265
Source: NTDS KCC
Category: Knowledge Consistency
The attempt to establish a replication link with parameters
Partition: DC=yourinfo,DC=yourinfo,DC=yourinfo,DC=com Source DSA DN: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=NT5-PCI-20,CN=Servers,CN=GSCIntranet,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=child,DC=yourdomain,DC=com
Source DSA Address: <YourDomainController>.<YourDomain.com>
Inter-site Transport (if any): failed with the following status:
The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure. The record data is the status code. This operation will be retried.
This problem will occur if the DNS database does NOT have a SRV resource record for <YourDomainController>.<YourDomain.com>.
To fix the problem:
1. Open a CMD prompt.
2. ping <YourDomainController>.<YourDomain.com>. If the Packet InterNet Groper could NOT find the host, the DNS database does NOT have a SRV resource record for <YourDomainController>.<YourDomain.com>.
3. Open Administrative Tools / DNS and expand the DNS server.
4. Expand Forward Lookup Zones.
5. Right-click each zone and press Properties.
6. Set Allow dynamic updates to Yes or Only secure updates.
7. Press OK.
8. Open a CMD prompt on your DNS server and type net stop dns followed by net start dns.
9. Open a CMD prompt on your <YourDomainController> and type net stop netlogon followed by net start netlogon.