When you perform any file management activity on Windows XP, you receive a Delayed Write Failed error messages.
If any of the following conditions exist, you might encounter the error:
- The Enable write caching on the disk feature for your disk is turned on.
- The BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.
To resolve this issue:
- Make sure you are using a 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
- Turn off the the force faster UDMA modes setting in your computer's BIOS.
If the above fails to correct the problem:
- Turn off Enable write caching on the disk:
1. Use My Computer or Windows Explorer to right-click your disk and press Properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab.
3. Select the disk and press the Properties button.
4. Select the Policies tab.
5. Clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box.
6. Press OK and OK.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each disk.