When you start Windows, you receive an error similar to:
File is missing or corrupt: C:\Winnt\System32\Drivers\Pci.sys
1. Start the Recovery Console.
2. Select the installation you wish to access.
3. Type the administrator password.
4. Type MAP to determine the drive letter assigned to the CD-ROM.
5. Type Expand <CD-ROM DRIVE:>\i386\pci.sy_ c:\Winnt\System32\drivers /y. You should receive:
1 file(s) expanded.
6. Type exit.
NOTE: c:\winnt should be replaced with the location of your Windows installation.