Many network adapters support 802.1p media access control-layer network traffic prioritization, but Windows 2000 and Windows XP does NOT enable this support when you install or upgrade.
To determine if your NIC supports 802.1p network traffic prioritization, and to enable support if it does:
1. Start / Settings / Network and Dial-up Connections.
2. Right-click Local Area Connection and press Properties.
3. Press Configure and select the Advanced tab.
4. If the Property box lists 802.1p Support, your NIC supports 802.1p network traffic prioritization.
5. To enable the support, toggle the Value box to Enable.
6. Press OK and OK.