If you run a program that is not certified for Windows XP, and it misbehaves, you might want to try it in Windows Application Compatibility mode:
1. Right-click the program shortcut and press Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.
3. Press Run this program in compatibility mode.
4. Select on of the following:
Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows NT 4 Windows 20004. Under Display settings, Check as needed:
Run in 256 colors. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution. Disable visual themes.5. Press Apply and OK.
6. Double-click the shortcut to see if your settings have resolved the problem.