When you attempt to use Disk Manager on your Windows 2000 computer, you receive:
Access to Disk Manager on <computername> is denied. You do not have access rights to the service.
If the access in Distributed Component Object Model Configuration (Dcomcnfg) for the default authentication level is changed from Connect to Default, this can occur.
To fix the problem:
1. Start / Run / dcomcnfg / OK.
2. On the Default Properties tab, change the Default Authentication Level to Connect.
3. Select the Default Security tab.
4. Press Edit Default under Default Access Permissions
5. Press Add.
6. Press Administrator and set the type of access to "Allow Access".
7. Press OK, OK, and OK.
8. Shutdown and restart your computer.