When you try to log on to your Windows 2000 computer, you receive:
The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively.
This can occur if the Local Security policy has been set to deny local logon rights to Everyone.
To workaround this problem:
1. Connect to the problem computer with a Net use x: \\ProblemComputerName\C$ <Password> /u:Administrator
2. Navigate to the %SystemRoot%\Security\Database folder.
3. Rename Secedit.sdb to Secedit.old_sdb.
4. Copy an operational Secedit.sdb from a Windows 2000 platform of the same edition (Server to Server or Professional to Professional).
5. Shutdown and restart the problem computer.
NOTE: NTRights can be used to add the Log On Locally right remotely.