When your SBS client opens a FTP session on the SBS server, they are presented with an Exception c0000005 (AV - Access Violation) in Inetinfo.exe.
One common reason is that the FTP service was installed from the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, instead of from the SBS CD-ROM.
To work around this problem:
1. Click install on the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack.
2. Click Install NT 4.0 Option Pack.
3. Click Run this program from its current location. Click OK or Yes to the warnings.
4. Click Next in the Microsoft Windows NT Option Pack Setup dialogue.
5. Click Add/Remove.
6. Select the Internet Information Server and click Show Subcomponents.
7. Uncheck the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Server box and click OK.
8. Click Next and Finish.
Install FTP from the SBS CD-ROM,
see Q195146 - FTP Not Installed by Default in Small Business Server 4.5.