When you create a Client Setup Disk in the Setup Computer Wizard, SBS copies the setup program and a Netparam.ini script to the client disk.
Netparam.ini contains information about your SBS installation (TCP/IP settings, installed applications, DHCP Server, etc.).
Netparam.ini can NOT be run across the network.
When you run the setup diskette on a client, it:
• Detects the client NIC.
• Configures the TCP/IP settings for obtaining an IP Adress from DHCP.
• Sets the client Domain/Workgroup name.
• Sets the client sharing level.
After the client computer is restarted:
• Applications are installed.
• A shortcut to the clients home directory is created on the desktop.
• A shortcut to the Company Shared Folders directory is created on the desktop.
• Internet Explorer is configured to start with a home page of the Client Online Guide.
• The client logon script is generated and stored on the Netlogon share of the SBS server.
NOTE: You can subsequently modify the logon script.