When you press View Workgroup Computers in Windows XP's My Network Places, you receive:
MShome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.
This behavior will occur if any of the following are true:
- The Browser service is not running.
- Windows Firewall settings are enabled for LAN or High-Speed Internet.
- A physical network component is mal-functioning.
To resolve these issues:
Configure the Browser1. Open a CMD.EXE window.
2. Type the following command and press Enter:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 3
3. Shutdown and restart Windows XP.
4. Open a CMD.EXE window.
5. Type the following command and press Enter:
NET START BROWSER
Disable the Windows Firewall for the workgroup network1. Start / Run / ncpa.cpl / OK.
2. Right-click the network connection and press Properties.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Press the Settings button.
5. Select the Advanced tab.
6. Clear the Network Connection check box for your network.
7. Press OK.