When you attempt to share a folder from Windows XP, you receive:
As a security measure, Windows has disabled remote access to this computer. However you can enable remote access and safely share files by running the Network Setup Wizard.
When you run the Network Setup Wizard, you may receive the same error.
NOTE: If an administrator uses policy to restrict access to resources on this computer, you may also receive the same error.
This behavior will occur if the Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts local policy is set to Guest only - local users authenticate as Guest.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Start / Run / Gpedit.msc / OK (or open the appropriate domain policy).
2. Navigate through Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policy / Security Option.
3. Right click the Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts item and press Properties.
4. Select Classic - local users authenticate as themselves.
5. Press Apply and OK.
6. On the File menu, press Exit.
7. Shutdown and restart your computer.