A. It is OK to use disk duplication to install NT, but not a complete NT installation. You should follow the steps below:
- Use the winnt /b installation option on a machine
- Stop the setup at the second reboot, when it has finished the text portion of the installation, and will be starting the GUI section
- Remove and duplicate the hard disk of the machine
- Install the duplicate hard drive in the new machine
- Start the new machine and the GUI sections will start.
The traditional problems with cloning were that the SID would be duplicated, however there are now several third party products that enable you to change the SID of a duplicated machine, you would then add the machine a new Computer Account on the PDC and change its name.