I'm always a bit reluctant attempting to find a good windshield-based car mount for my smartphone. Car mounts are a dime a dozen and rarely withstand extreme heat and cold. During a recent trip to Amish land in Ohio I was able to give this one from Inateck a solid test due to extreme freezing temperatures.
I'm happy to say that the Inateck version withstood the elements and remains securely suctioned to the car windshield. The Inateck car mount was stuck in the car after an ice storm (the car doors were frozen shut for a day or so), but the mechanism that attaches the holder to the windshield did a better job than others I've tested.
With the gift-giving season approaching, the price of this particular mount makes it a reasonable stocking stuffer.
You can get the Inateck mount for around $8 from Amazon: Inateck Phone Car Mount Holder
- Ball joint allows 360° vertical and horizontal rotation. Grooved wheel on back adjusts tightness.
- Clamp gap adjustable from 2.05in. to 3.74in. Compatible with phone models between 3.5in. and 6.5in. in length, including variety of Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy models.
- Press both sides of clamp to mount phone, button on back to release it.
- TPU suction cup with metal column holds firmly to windshield for stable performance. Long-term use does not leave marks on windshield. Can be washed between uses.
- Feet and clamps made from silicone to protect your device from scratches.