A. A bug exists in Windows 2000 recovery console that does not display or let you delete pagefile.sys. The workaround is to copy another file to be pagefile.sys which will then expose the true file allowing it to be deleted:
- Boot into Recovery Console.
- Because you boot into the %SystemRoot% folder (most commonly the C:\Winnt
folder), type the following command
- Type the following command to overwrite the existing Pagefile.sys file
- Type the following command:
- After you copy Boot.ini over to Pagefile.sys, Pagefile.sys appears in the directory listing.