A. If the 'Computers Near Me' group is deleted it is not automatically recreated and so if you wish it to be created again perform one of the following options:
1. Change the computer to a different workgroup. This should cause the "Computers Near Me" group to be re-created. Then, change the workgroup back to the original workgroup.
2. The second method is to directly edit the registry to force the group to be recreated:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
- From the Edit menu select New - String value if 'Last Domain' does not exist. Enter a name of 'Last Domain'
- Double click the value and set to:
- Click OK
- Close the registry editor
You don't need to reboot the computer and the next time you go into My Network Places the Computers Near Me will be recreated.
Be aware it can also be removed using a domain policy so if the above does not work check with the Administrators.