A. In Windows 2000 to upgrade to multi-processor you just need to change the computers driver as follows:
- Right click on 'My Computer' and select Properties
- Select the Hardware tab
- Click 'Device Manager'
- Expand the 'Computer' branch and right click on the computer (e.g. MPS Uniprocessor PC)
- Select the Driver tab and click 'Update Driver'
Click here to view image
- Click Next to the hardware wizard
- Select 'Display a list of known drivers' and click Next
- Select the multiprocessor system and click Next
- Click Next to the confirmation
- The device driver will be updated and click Finish to close the wizard
- Click Yes to restart the computer
If you wish to switch from Multi to Uni follow the same procedure.