A. To schedule reports to run automatically perform these steps:
- Start the File Server Resource Manager MMC snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, File Server Resource Manager).
- Right-click the Storage Reports Management leaf in the left pane and select "Schedule a New Report Task."
- A Storage Reports Task dialog box will open. Under the Settings tab, click Add in the Scope section to select the volumes/folders you want included in the report. Under the Report data, select the reports you want to run and click Edit Parameters for each report to customize application settings to that report. Finally, in the Report formats section, select the required output formats.
- By default, the report will be saved to the %systemdrive%\storagereports\interactive folder. If you want it to also be emailed to someone, select the Delivery tab. Select the "Send reports to the following administrators" check box and enter the email addresses separated by a semicolon.
- Select the Schedule tab. Click Create Schedule to configure the task execution times.
- Under Schedule, click New. Select the type of task (daily, weekly, monthly, once, system startup, logon or when idle), the time to execute (if applicable), and other options specific to the schedule selected. You can click New to continue to add other schedules for the tasks to run, as the figure shows. Click OK.
- Click OK to the main Scheduled Task dialog box.
A useful practice is to run the reports nightly and have a batch process copy the reports to a Windows SharePoint Services server or Web server where business owners and managers can view how they're using their disk space.