A. The Internet Explorer Repair tool can be used to diagnose and possibly fix problems with Internet Explorer 5. This tool has the following features:
- It is used to identify problems with Internet Explorer caused by the presence of files that are out of date.
- It is used to fix problems caused by the incorrect or incomplete registration of Internet Explorer files.
- It is used to restore or repair the desktop or Start Menu short-cuts for Internet Explorer that have been deleted or do not function properly.
To start the repair tool perform the following:
- From the Start menu select Settings - Control Panel
- Double click the Add/Remove Software control panel applet
- Select 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools'
- Click the 'Add/Remove' button
- Select 'Repair Internet Explorer' and click OK
- Click 'Yes' to the repair confirmation
If you don't have the option in the Add/Remove Software control panel applet it can be run from the command line:
C:\> rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE5Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"