A. A. Before you can control a SQL Server with the Enterprise Manager you first need to register it. If you are running for the first time perform the following:
- Make sure the SQL Server service has been started (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Services - MSSQLServer - Start)
- Start the SQL Enterprise Manager (Start - Programs - Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 - SQL Enterprise Manager)
- Enter the computers name in the Server box (check using Network control panel applet, or right click on Network Neighbourhood and select Properties).
- In the Login ID box enter sa which is the default SQL Administrator, leave password blank.
- Click Register
- Click Close
Click here to view image
- Registering an SQL Server
The SQL Server will now be visible from the main control window.
If you have used SQL Enterprise Manager before and want to add a new server just right click on SQL 6.5 in Enterprise Manager and select "Register Server" from the context menu.