A. If your sites and subnets are configured, new servers automatically add to the site that owns the subnet. However, you can manually move a server to a different site.
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in. (From the Start menu, select Programs, Administrative Tools, Active Directory Sites and Services Manager.)
- Expand the Sites container.
- Expand the site that currently contains the server, and expand the Servers container.
- Right-click the server, and select Move from the context menu, as the Screen shows.
- You’ll see a list of all the sites. Select the new target site, and click OK.
Click here to view image
The move takes effect immediately.