A. To monitor traffic from an agent perform the following:
- Start Network Monitor (Start - Programs - Network Analysis Tools - Network Monitor)
- Select Networks from the Capture menu
- Select Node Name of Remote
- Click Connect
- Enter the machine name of the Agent (or IP address), a comment and how
often you want the status updated.
Click here to view image
- A connection will be made
If the connection fails ensure the Network Monitor Agent is running on the remote machine and that you have local Administrator rights on it.
You can now perform captures as per normal. To switch back to local just select Networks from the Capture menu and select one of the Local node options.