A. A. The new MSN 2.0 only runs under Windows 95, however a version for NT 4.0 is being developed. In the mean time it is possible to use MSN to connect to the Internet, however you cannot read Mail
- Phone Microsoft and request for a manual Internet PPP access to be setup.
- Assuming RAS is already installed, select Add New phonebook entry
- Type in a name for the phone book entry, e.g. "MSN connection"
- Clear the "I know about phone book entries" and click Next
- Check "I am calling the Internet" and click Next
- Click Finish
- Select your new "MSN" and click Edit from More
- Click the Server tab, and select TCP/IP, Enable PPP LCP, and clear NetBEUI and IPX
- Click the TCP/IP settings box and check "Server assigned IP addresses" and "Use default gateway"
- Click OK and exit back to the main dial screen
- Select MSN and click Dial
- When prompted for username/password enter
Username : MSN/<user name>
Password : <MSN password>
Domain : <blank>