A. In prior version of NT, the FTP server service was installed as part of TCP/IP, however as of NT 4.0, it became part of IIS/PWS, so it needs to be installed manually. Before you install the FTP server, TCP/IP must be installed.
- In Control Panel, double-click Network.
- Click Services, click Add, and then click Microsoft Peer Web Services if you are using NT Workstation or click Microsoft Internet Information Server 2.0 if you are using NT Server.
- Click OK, and then type the path for the Windows NT source files. For example, if you are using the Windows NT CD-ROM in drive E, type the following line: E:\i386
- Click OK to start the Microsoft Peer Web Services Setup or Internet Information Server.
- The FTP Service is selected by default, but you should clear the check boxes for options you do not want to install.