A. As with all Windows Server 2003 R2 features, the File Server Resource Manager component must be installed via the Add/Remove Windows Components module. To install the component, follow these steps:
- Start the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs).
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select "Management and Monitoring Tools" and click Details.
- Select the File Server Resource Manager check box, as the figure at http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/images/2003r2filescrenfsrminstall.gif shows.
- Click OK.
- Click Next to the main Windows Components dialog box.
- Click Finish. You'll need to reboot for the changes to take effect.