A. A. Is it possible to configure windows to move the mouse to the default button to speed up general operations. To enable this perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
- If the value SnapToDefaultButton exists goto step 4, otherwise select New - String Value from edit value and enter a name of SnapToDefaultButton (watch the case).
- Double click on the value and set to 1. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Logoff and on for the change to take effect
This can also be accomplished using the Mouse control panel applet, select the "StepSavers" tab and check the SnapTo box if you have the IntelliMouse software installed or select the Motion tab and check the "Snap Mouse to the default button in dialog" box if you don't. Click Apply then OK and you won't have to reboot.