A. When users free busy information that is not being published to the Schedule+ Free Busy public folder server correctly or free busy information shows free even though a user has appointments you may need to remove the "stuck" or corrupted messages in the Schedule+ Free Busy hidden public folder.
To resolve this use mdbvu32 to remove the corrupt message. Mdbvu32.exe is on the Exchange Server CD in the support/utils directory.
- Logon as Exchange Service Account
- Create a TEST mailbox with Service Account as NT account on the same server as the Schedule+ Free Busy folder. To find the Schedule+ Free Busy HOME SERVER open the Exchange Administrator program, expand Organization object, Expand Folders Object, Expand System, Folder ObjectExpand Schedule+ Free Busy Object. Beneath the Schedule+ Free Busy object will list SITES where free busy information is being replicated from - Choose the object of YOUR site (not a replicated site). Choose File Properties of the Site Object for the Schedule+ Free Busy. At the bottom of this dialog box (General Tab) HOME SERVER will be listed
- Create a profile for the TEST Mailbox in Step 2.
- Start the MDB Viewer by double-clicking the executable file Mdbvu32.exe from CD
- The MAPILogonEx dialog box will appear click OK.
- The Choose Profile dialog box should appear. Select the TEST mailbox profile you created in the prior steps. Click OK. NOTE: If the Choose Profile dialog box does not appear, you are most likely already logged on to a profile. Exit and Log Off the client and profile, and re-attempt step 3.
- On the MDB Viewer Test Application menu, click MDB, and then select the OpenMessageStore option.
- In the Select Message Store To Open dialog box, select the PUBLIC FOLDER item and click the Open button.(Open Mode should default to Best Access. Leave as default.)
- From the MDB Viewer Test Application menu, click the MDB menu item, and
click Open Root Folder.
NOTE: 3 MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED dialog boxes will appear. Choose OK to each of these.
- From the Child Folders list box, double-click NON_IPM_SUBTREE. You will now see the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY folder.
- Double-Click the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY object.NOTE: 3 MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED dialog boxes will appear. Choose OK to each of these.
- A list of SITES will appear in the Child Folder box. (same sites mentioned in determining HOME SERVER) Example: EX:/o=Organization/ou=Site
- Double-click YOUR Site (not a replicated site)
NOTE: If you cannot read the full name of the site double click each one one at time to see the full name at the top of the next screen. If you've selected the incorrect site choose CLOSE to go back to the list of SITES.
- Once the correct site is double-clicked a list of the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY messages will appear in the CENTER "Messages In Folder" list box.
- Scroll to the RIGHT & DOWN to see user names. Each users should only have 1 item(message). Normally when this problem occurs the user will have 2 items(messages) listed.
- Once the message(s) are located for the problem user select the message or messages (using the shift key for multiple messages) so that it becomes highlighted.
- Locate the Operations Available drop down box (located below the Messages In Folder dialog box).
- 15. Use the drop down and choose lpFld --> DeleteMessages() ON SELECTED MSGS
- Once the lpFld --> DeleteMessages() ON SELECTED MSGS is selected. Click
the CALL FUNCTION button.
NOTE: The messages may still be listed in the Messages in Folder list box - this screen will not refresh unless you choose the CLOSE button and come back to it.
- Next Exit out of Mdbvu32.exe by choosing CLOSE 4 times which will get you back to the MDB Viewer Test Application dialog box. Choose Session from the Menu Option and then choose Exit.
- Have the user who's free busy is not being published logon to their client and make an appointment (this will cause free busy information to be published to the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY hidden public folder)
- Exit and logoff of the client then check the Free Busy times of the > user by creating a new meeting request. The free busy information should now be visible.
If the information is still not visible go back to step 1 on using mdbvu32 to look at the schedule+ free busy information again check to make sure that 2 messages don't exist. If they do follow steps to remove and complete the process again.