A. One option for Terminal Server clients is to use a "thin" client which has no disks but an embedded operating system and one such device is a Windows CE based client. The advantage is the machine has zero maintenance apart from the initial configuration. The instructions below are for the Viewpoint series from http://www.boundless.com (many thanks for letting me have one to use).
When you first turn on the machine it will ask for certain details:
- The setup wizard will first display the product ID. Click Next
- Click Accept to the license agreement.
- You will be asked if you want to use DHCP or manual IP configuration. Click Next.
- If you selected manual IP configuration you will need to enter an IP address, subnet mask and a gateway. Click Next
- Enter DNS and WINS details. Click Next
- Select the Desktop resolution and click Next
- Click Finsh to complete
You will have no start bar, just a dialog asking for a connection to be made. You should configure sessions as you would a normal Terminal Server client by selecting the Configure tab.