A. Follow the procedures below:
- Start the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)
- Expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT by clicking the plus sign
- Scroll down and expand the Unknown subkey
- Click on the Shell key and right click on it.
- Select New from the pop-up menu and choose Key.
- Enter the name you want to be displayed, e.g. the name of the application. Click Enter
- Right click on the new subkey and click New. Again select Key and enter the name "Command" and click Enter
- Click on the newly created Command and double click on "(Default)"
- Enter the path and name of the executable with %1, i.e.
d:\program files\savedit\savedit.exe %1
- Close the registry editor
When you right click on a file the new entry will be displayed.