A. To request a EFS certificate you first need the domain to have a trusted list of Certificate Authorities and the user needs to be a domain Administrator.
- Start the MMC console (Start - Run - MMC.EXE)
- From the Console menu select 'Add/Remove Snap-in...'
- Click Add
- Select Certificates and click Add
- Select 'My user account' and click Finish
- Click Close
- Click OK to the main dialog
- Expand the Certificates root and right click on Personal
- Select 'Request New Certificate' from the 'All Tasks' menu
- Click Next to the Certificate Request Wizard
- Select 'EFS Recovery Agent' and click Next
- Enter a friendly name and description. Click Next
- Click Finish the summary dialog
- Click 'Install Certificate'. Click OK
You will now have a File Recovery certificate under the Personal\Certificates folder.