A. XP's Help and Support module, which you can access at the root of the Start menu, provides basic information about your machine, including
- machine model and BIOS version
- OS build and service pack
- system name and domain
- proxy and network
To access this information, perform the following steps:
- Start the Help and Support module (go to Start and click Help and Support, or type
helpctr.exefrom the Run dialog box or command prompt).
- Under the "Pick a task" section, click the "Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems" link.
- From the left-hand pane under the Tools section, select "My Computer Information."
- From the right-hand pane, select "View general information about this computer."
- XP will display a progress bar that shows the system information the OS is collecting and will then display the system information.