A. To search all file types, you can perform the following steps (be aware that searching on all file types can slow the search):
- Open the search interface (go to Start, then click Search).
- Select the "Change preferences" option.
- Select the "With Indexing Service (for faster local searches)" option.
- Click the "Change Index Service settings (Advanced)" button. A new application will start and show the System catalog.
- Click the Show/Hide Console Tree button on the toolbar (the third button from the left) to enable the console tree view.
- Right-click the root of the console (e.g., "Indexing Service on Local Machine"), then select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Generation tab.
- Select the "Index files with unknown extensions" option.
Click here to view image
- Click OK.
- Close the Indexing Service application.