A. Windows 2000 allows a Group Policy to be linked to a number of different domains, sites and organisational units and before ever deleting a Group Policy you need to be sure no container still links to the Group Policy.
To check all links of a Group Policy perform the following:
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Active Directory Users and Computers)
- Right click on a container which links to the group policy you wish to check
- Select the 'Group Policy' tab
- Select the 'Links' tab
- Select the domain you wish to search for the group policy and click 'Find Now'
- A list of all containers linking to the Group Policy will be shown in the
Click here to view image