A. By default when you Logoff, Windows stores your settings into your profile and this includes any open Explorer windows, position changes etc. It is possible to stop NT saving these settings:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- From the Edit menu select "New - DWORD value". Enter a name of "NoSaveSettings"
- Double click the new value and set to 1
When you logoff any open windows will not be reopened and savings will not be saved. This setting can also be set domain wide using the policy editor.
- Start the policy editor (poledit.exe)
- Open your domains policy (or create a new one)
- Double click Default User
- Expand Shell - Restrictions
- Check the 'Don't save settings at exit'
- Click OK
- Save the policy to the netlogon share of the domain controllers.