A. A. By default after two unsuccessful authentication attempts the dial-up networking (DUN) component will hang up the line however this can be changed to between 0 and 10. 0 means the line will be hung up after the first attempt, 1 will allow one retry etc.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess\Parameters
- Double click on AuthenticateRetries and set to the required value. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Reboot the machine for the change to take effect (or stop and restart the RAS services)