A. When you share a folder or drive, the icon that appears in Windows Explorer changes from a typical-looking folder or drive to a folder or drive being cradled by a hand. To change this shared icon back to the default disk or drive icon, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Network\SharingHandler.
- Double-click the Default value.
- Highlight ntshrui.dll, press Delete, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot the machine.