A. By default, SharePoint links open in the existing browser window. You can find several solutions for this behavior on the Web (some listed at the end of this FAQ), but I found the following solution to be the easiest:
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) to open the SharePoint page containing the links?
- From the File menu, select "Edit with Microsoft Office FrontPage."
- In FrontPage, right-click the section with the links and from the displayed context menu select "Convert to XSLT Data View."
- Right-click one of the links and select Hyperlink Properties.
- From the displayed dialog box, click the Target Frame button.
- Select New Windows and click OK to all dialog boxes.
- Save the page changes.
Now, when someone clicks a link, the page will open in a new window.
You can find other solutions for this behavior at these URLs: